View Single Post
Old 02-19-2021, 08:39 AM   #670 (permalink)
gbrettin
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Tricycle
gbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond repute

IG@gbrettin:

SPL lower/upper spherical bushings will need to wait until next year. Time for the K member to return home.

K member on with fresh shocks, scuffed clean(ish), and fresh powder coated components. @tlrcoatings did an amazing job. Important to me, they taped off the @mavenperformance mounts which kept a specific look I wanted (which also look amazing

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I finally made a reasonable decision of NOT buying additional parts. SPL components are a no-go for now. I'll get them next winter and likely do that all at the same time I install the Winters Quick Change. I suspect I'll jump in another rabbit hole of wanting to powder coat everything when I do that.

Out side of that... I am EXTREEMLY happy I did the wheel bearings, shocks, cleaned up the kmember, cleaned bolts, rebuilding the calipers and have had parts powder coated.

The kmember brace had trace amounts of rust. They came back from the powder coater beautiful with out rust. ALSO, when I took the kmember brace off I found a small amount of surface rust that I would never know about. That was all cleaned up when I painted the engine bay.

Now that the k-member is back in... I took a look and had to remind myself that the engine bay is stitch welded! All this PITA work is finally starting to come together! I've got to admit... there's a lot of times when it feels like there's absolutely no end to this build. Not any more.

I'll just go ahead and say it. I'm really hoping to have the car to Zdayz this year. This time, I feel like it stands a chance of actually making it. Don't expect the car to be turned up to full steam until late summer. I just want to have functional miles on it at first. If it makes 450hp with 1lbs of boost. I don't care. It will be running and driving.

gbrettin is offline   Reply With Quote