View Single Post
Old 02-18-2021, 05:55 AM   #664 (permalink)
gbrettin
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Tricycle
gbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond repute

So I purchased used shocks from FB last week with 25k. My old shocks have 97k on them so I figured.... "while I'm in here..."

The install was probably one of the easier things I've done on the car in a while. I even took the time to clean up the SPL end links.

You might be wondering why I'm putting OE shocks on. It's pretty simple. OE shocks are REALLY good for the price point (120 dollars for all 4 corners) and don't think you will see massive gains until you spend a minimum of 1K per corner. I've got different 1k items to worry about before I go down that path. Also, I have some plans for the rear suspension going to a cantilever being built into the cage. That way I can lay some MASSIVE shocks into the trunk of the car. Oddly enough, there has been one 350z that already did something similar to what I was thinking:
https://www.instagram.com/p/CBOIdvXH..._web_copy_link

Anyway... more pictures. less exciting stuff; however, it's still part of the process.

Last edited by gbrettin; 02-18-2021 at 05:57 AM.
gbrettin is offline   Reply With Quote