View Single Post
Old 02-16-2021, 10:39 AM   #3906 (permalink)
SouthArk370Z
Premium Member

Drives: 2014 Challenger
SouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not a NIMBY type person - when I lived in N IL, I could see the dome of Dresden nuclear power plant from my back porch - but nuclear is not very eco-friendly. Mining/refining the materials for the reactors produces a lot of pollution. "Disposing" of the spent material is just an accident waiting to happen; we can't build containment structures that will survive what Mother Nature can dish out over the millennia required for the material to decay.

The only real solution is a lot less consumption of energy. I'll leave it as an exercise for the reader to figure out how to get usage down.