Thread: Csc?
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2021, 08:25 AM   #28 (permalink)
Ghostvette
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 15 Magma Red 6MT
Ghostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtec to vvel View Post
So....it’s possible that it’s not the CSC?

Not anywhere outside or inside the car. No drips and no wet spots under the car, nor anything inside.

So if filling with dot4, would this mean it could just be a matter or swapping fluids and not any issues with the CSC? I don’t think the clutch fluid has ever been changed out.
It's possible you had some Dot 3 boil off, which might explain the loss of fluid and no wet spots. Dot 4 doesn't boil as easily. I changed mine when I looked at the location of the clutch master and realized that there was quite a bit of heat where the line runs. I used a turkey baster to suck out the fluid, cleaned out any residue and refilled with Dot 4 every other oil change, just like Spooler suggested. No issues.