View Single Post
Old 02-14-2021, 02:24 PM   #658 (permalink)
gbrettin
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Tricycle
gbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond repute

Found my lost Stillen cooler! YES! That tidbit of metal is WAY too expensive.

My buddies thought it would be funny to put a dead winged rat on my engine. It was indeed funny.

My 2 piece rotors were disassembled. I used a rubber hammer to get the inserts out, with the exception of 3 of them. I should have used a punch because I ended up mushrooming the head a bit with a claw hammer. That set me back an hour trying to grind it out.

I have all new centric pistons coming in for my calipers. Also, I ordered ACDelco rubber seals. I thought that was made in America... Apparently not.

All the bolts were cleaned up for my brake caliper. I used a wire wheel to gently go over the surface which knocked off all the corrosion. I also primed the heads on the bolts and then painted them black. Might as well go full re-tard.

The 2 piece rotor hats were scuffed and primed. Later (next day) I was was chatting up Bryan Settle and he noticed the Epoxy Primer was not high temp. SOooooOooooOOooo I went to the parts store to purchase 40 dollars with of paint. After that I sent a message off to the powder coater and asked him how much for cermic coating. He quoted me 50 bucks... SOLD!

Lastly, I now have the push rod measurements for my engine. I'm happy to say that's the last internal component I needed for my engine to run.

I'm chipping away at this elephant. It feels like I have some tail wind on this project right now.

A question for you guys. Have the videos been getting easier to watch? Or... don't quit your day job? Or... you simply haven't watched/cared. Not going to hurt my feelings. just looking for a bit of feedback. Reason I'm doing it is to give a bit more depth to the build here, have some video documentation for myself and most importantly... nerd out a bit with video editing/graphic software.

gbrettin is offline   Reply With Quote