Thread: 7AT Service
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2021, 12:41 PM   #2 (permalink)
Eris
Base Member

Drives: 18 370
Eris has a reputation beyond reputeEris has a reputation beyond reputeEris has a reputation beyond reputeEris has a reputation beyond reputeEris has a reputation beyond reputeEris has a reputation beyond reputeEris has a reputation beyond reputeEris has a reputation beyond reputeEris has a reputation beyond reputeEris has a reputation beyond reputeEris has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tchertel View Post
I am approaching 35k miles on my Z and it has been shifting a bit weird and getting worse each time I drive it and for me it is time to change the transmission fluid, problems or not. I have watched a couple of videos, read the instructions in the FSM and read items posted on forums and everything I have seen or read is consistent on how to get this done. The procedure seems pretty straight forward. One thing I have not seen anything on is removing the pan and changing the filter. I don't see a reason not to change the filter if you are going to change the fluid especially when I read about people stating there AT fluid was black like coffee. Can anyone think of a reason not to change the filter; I could not even find anything in the FSM about changing the filter. To me, changing the filter with the fluid seems like a no-brainer. You would not change your engine oil without changing the filter.

I also plan to call the dealer to see how much they charge but I am sure it will be more than I want to pay for this type of work.

Opinions??
Mine also had the same problem at around 30k; some weird shifting, jerking. Kept getting worse gradually.

I would find a reputable dealership or a shop that has experience changing transmission fluid. It is worth it to have it be done exactly right.

Sent from my SM-G985F using Tapatalk
Eris is offline   Reply With Quote