View Single Post
Old 02-13-2021, 06:52 PM   #3 (permalink)
radensb
Base Member

Drives: 09 Nissan 370Z GM M6
radensb has a reputation beyond reputeradensb has a reputation beyond reputeradensb has a reputation beyond reputeradensb has a reputation beyond reputeradensb has a reputation beyond reputeradensb has a reputation beyond reputeradensb has a reputation beyond reputeradensb has a reputation beyond reputeradensb has a reputation beyond reputeradensb has a reputation beyond reputeradensb has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tractionless View Post
Get coolant test strips and see if it's still chemically balanced enough to stay in. No reason to change it if so.
Thanks for the info. The main reason was because when I got my last oil change, the dealer pointed out that the thermostat housing body was showing signs of leaking and that my upper and lower hoses were showing signs of age. I also noticed that my overflow tank was bone dry.

They wanted close to $1K to do that work (lol). So, I ordered a new seal and hoses for ~$25 and was going replace the coolant anyway. It's probably long overdue. Interesting, I didn't know that you could test the coolant. Might give it a shot our of curiosity.
radensb is offline   Reply With Quote