Thread: Csc?
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2021, 11:41 PM   #23 (permalink)
vtec to vvel
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 13 Z
vtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond repute

Had some time today to drive the Z after parking her for a week. I did open the clutch fluid resevoir for the first time today after purchasing about 3 years ago. I've always inspected the fluid level with a flashlight, and didn't realize the gunk at the bottom with the fluid being a light golden color still. Didn't want to empty the fluid and bleed, so I took a few paper towels and managed to get alot of the gunk out from the resevoir, though I'm sure there is probably more within the system.

Topped off fluid with OEM Nissan DOT 4 and drove her purposely hard. No different feel in clutch pressure and no difference in shifting. The clutch fluid did go down slightly from the max line that I topped it off to.

So does this mean the CSC is the issue?