View Single Post
Old 02-03-2021, 03:54 PM   #24 (permalink)
Horizon
Base Member

Drives: 2012 Nismo 370z #424
Horizon has a reputation beyond reputeHorizon has a reputation beyond reputeHorizon has a reputation beyond reputeHorizon has a reputation beyond reputeHorizon has a reputation beyond reputeHorizon has a reputation beyond reputeHorizon has a reputation beyond reputeHorizon has a reputation beyond reputeHorizon has a reputation beyond reputeHorizon has a reputation beyond reputeHorizon has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoomZ View Post
I think any noise generated in driveline will be transmitted and felt in shift knob. You may not have wrecked anything, you just hearing things now that your senses are heightened.

If you take boot off, you can wobble the shaft and see if there is excessive play. If there was, you'd already see it under normal vibration.

Attachment 145772
Maybe you're right. In that diagram, would I be wiggling the top of #10? Also, are you talking about the leather boot that you see while driving, or the rubber boot seen in the diagram as #6?

Sorry about the late response, I don't know how to enable notifications for when someone responds to me.
Horizon is offline   Reply With Quote