View Single Post
Old 02-02-2021, 08:03 AM   #634 (permalink)
gbrettin
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Tricycle
gbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond repute

My buddy Kirk is working on a fender and bumper badge for my car. A billet option would be bad a$$... but it's in early early development. So, you get to see the first 3d printed potato photo of a badge.

The pan was fixed to allow starter removal. An additional drain will be added and a -16 oil drain in the front. Back off to the welder. I also gave him my swirl pots to have -16 bungs welded on. This also reminds me that a -16 bung needs to be welded onto my radiator.

To make sure no aluminum burrs go in the intake, I hit it with "uncle bumble fcuk", 180grit dingle ball that went balls deep. I still need to go back and clean up the middle section with a long die grinder bit.

To keep the difficult stuff to a minimum, I decided to clean up the intake. It was scuffed with a red pad for a few hours and then scuffed with a black pad for a few hours. I then took the intake home and hit it with Eagle One Never Dull ... which made a mirror finish. I'm not quite done buffing it. Also, I didn't think it would go mirror that fast. Not that 5hours of cleaning is fast.

Lastly I decided to clean up the k member with some degreaser since it was out. Then me... being me... I ordered some Moog wheel hub assemblies because it's 95% disassembled. Then... the hampster kicked into over drive and thought it would be a good idea to reach out to SPL to see if they want to do a light sponsorship (I offered to pay for the parts, I don't expect free stuff). I offered them 10's of views with my YouTube channel and IG posts. ... pretty much what I do with all my stuff. I'm not a great sales man am I? Oh, I also gave them this link to this page So they will also see how deep the rabbit hole goes.

SPL - If you are reading this. Please look at the tags at the bottom of this page for additional information.

Happy Tuesday everyone.

Last edited by gbrettin; 02-02-2021 at 08:08 AM.
gbrettin is offline   Reply With Quote