Thread: Csc?
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2021, 06:17 AM   #8 (permalink)
Quicksilvers
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2017 370z
Quicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtec to vvel View Post
Any thoughts/opinions?
It is inevitable that your Genuine Nissan CSC will fail eventually the question is when will it fail not if it will fail. Sounds like you are losing function of your clutch it is a tell tail sign your CSC could be on it’s way out. The issue with this failure is if you wait too long it will saturate your clutch with fluid ruining it and clutch/flywheel replacement will have to be done let’s face it a quality clutch/flywheel for your Z is on the expensive side. My advice is replace your flywheel with a new one and don’t resurface your flywheel unless it looks in new condition. Also the fluid can leak down the firewall and into your interior of your Z seen this before and the fluid will ruin your carpet and make your interior smell. Best option start saving/planning immediately. Install the Z Speed Performance CMAK you will thank yourself later. This is the perfect time to replace your clutch/flywheel since it is inside the transmission bell housing unfortunately. There are many options and you can call Joe at Z Speed and he will help you select the proper clutch/flywheel for what you use your Z for. I remember when my Genuine Nissan CSC failed the first time it left me stranded in the middle of no where waiting for hours for a tow truck to come.