View Single Post
Old 01-26-2021, 11:39 AM   #3524 (permalink)
Spooler
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2013 Nismo 370z
Spooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostvette View Post
Going fast costs $$$

Going fast reliably... well I'm not sure you can without damn near a bottomless wallet. That was the take I got from the GTR video. If you've got a trust fund to pull from endlessly, then cram on the horsepower, but plan on an engine rebuild/replacement frequently.

I'd love to build my car to the 600hp range, but after doing the research (which included reading Spooler's, Elmo's and some failed build threads), I determined that I was happy with where my car is right now. I'm not at a place in life where I can drop $20K+ on a TT car and be without the car for 6 months or more. I'm okay with that. Spooler has been gracious enough to share with the community the challenges he's gone through to get his car where he wants it. I'll just live vicariously through him, Elmo & jchammond's builds and wish I had the $$$$ to do the same.
Sometimes I wish I would never have done it. Not because of the money. Because of people. You get lots of hate and much more of the Clout seekers causing trouble. I do enjoy my car though. At times I just want to go silent and enjoy my car in peace.
Spooler is offline   Reply With Quote