View Single Post
Old 01-26-2021, 10:50 AM   #3523 (permalink)
Ghostvette
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 15 Magma Red 6MT
Ghostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeThruHead View Post
But yeah it's a secret and that's ok with me! Costs of a lot of time and money to figure these things out.
Going fast costs $$$

Going fast reliably... well I'm not sure you can without damn near a bottomless wallet. That was the take I got from the GTR video. If you've got a trust fund to pull from endlessly, then cram on the horsepower, but plan on an engine rebuild/replacement frequently.

I'd love to build my car to the 600hp range, but after doing the research (which included reading Spooler's, Elmo's and some failed build threads), I determined that I was happy with where my car is right now. I'm not at a place in life where I can drop $20K+ on a TT car and be without the car for 6 months or more. I'm okay with that. Spooler has been gracious enough to share with the community the challenges he's gone through to get his car where he wants it. I'll just live vicariously through him, Elmo & jchammond's builds and wish I had the $$$$ to do the same.