View Single Post
Old 01-22-2021, 02:37 PM   #15 (permalink)
Elmo370z
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 nissan 370z Sp M6
Elmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpchaos View Post
Yeah, it's all subjective. You have to tune the car to the way you drive, and you can only know what to tune when you know the car through time.

I've had mine for 8 years now, and I made some big changes this year to it. First outing at the track, I went off (full 360'd it, it was sweet) because I just wasn't expecting some of the results of those changes. It's always best to learn, and make incremental changes.

Good to keep other experiences in the back of your head so you know what to do if your own experience matches up, but ultimately you won't know what to look for if you don't baseline it. And keep in mind your baseline that you establish can change even day to day - temperatures, track conditions, what you ate that day, your mood, etc. An installed part can't fix that.
Baseline is going with a 100% bone stock Z and only being able to get in a handful of laps before the brakes go away or oil temps go sky high and shuts the car down.
Elmo370z is offline   Reply With Quote