View Single Post
Old 01-22-2021, 09:24 AM   #622 (permalink)
gbrettin
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Tricycle
gbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
That's a chit load of welding. Do you know if he purged the piping before welding?
I'm pretty certain he did a back purge. I did some quick math on the welding and it's like 34 linear feet of welds.

on a side note...

I have the crash bar out for powder coating, k-member mount (not sure on the name) and shock tower rings. Both the crash bar and k member mount are going to be black. There was a small amount of surface rust on the k member mount, just like the rear suspension stuff I had to take care of. Not a lot but it was annoying. The shock tower rings will be high lighter yellow. I want to paint the turbos highlighter yellow but I'm unimaginative when it comes to paint. Doing the trim rings allows me to dip my toe in with out paying a large fee. Also, if I don't like it... I can paint them black easily.
gbrettin is online now   Reply With Quote