View Single Post
Old 01-18-2021, 11:56 PM   #178 (permalink)
Elmo370z
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 nissan 370z Sp M6
Elmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotrodz View Post
240* is pretty damn good. That is way in the safe zone. Many racecars run at 260* to 280* without much problem. The issue with our cars is stay with the factory ECU which pulls timing and will put you into limp mode at 265*. Good motor oil which we all run doesn't even start to break down or become an issue until well over 300*. The real issue with heat is water temperature and with oil it is oil pressure. I don't recall ever reading about an engine letting go because of oil temps but because of oil pressure and extreme water temps. My temps are high(260* max) on the most small tracks from a mile to about 1.5 miles which require a lot of shifting, running on the rev limiter and short straight aways that don't allow for good air flow to aid cooling. Oh and then that can be compounded by running in traffic as well. All of those things lead to heat soak which is a performance killer and the over all impact could be catastrophic.
Me and eddie were running 270-280 oil temps last May at Sebring. This is NA with a 72 row. I’m impressed as well with 240 oil temps being boosted
Elmo370z is offline   Reply With Quote