View Single Post
Old 01-17-2021, 02:17 AM   #5166 (permalink)
PaulZ370
Track Member

Drives: 011 370 BSM/T/SP/6MT
PaulZ370 has much to be proud ofPaulZ370 has much to be proud ofPaulZ370 has much to be proud ofPaulZ370 has much to be proud ofPaulZ370 has much to be proud ofPaulZ370 has much to be proud ofPaulZ370 has much to be proud ofPaulZ370 has much to be proud ofPaulZ370 has much to be proud ofPaulZ370 has much to be proud of
Default Morimoto's, Final Chapter

Finally, the Morimoto DRL/LED Headlights are now installed on the car - Properly! Morimoto sent me the Harness extensions needed and I was able to run the wiring properly to each headlight. Notes on the installation that you won't find in any of the other videos or even the Morimoto Instructions that come with these lights:

1. The DRL Harness that comes with the lights from Morimoto is way too short and will need extensions. I called Morimoto and complained and they sent me the wiring harness extensions free. However, the extensions have to be removed carefully from their outer jacket (as they come as a cable) before you can use them: Morimoto Cat #GTR.H044

2. The DRL Harness plugs into the fuse box in the battery compartment with a MICRO ATR Fuse Block. This fused block/plug end needs to have its wire bent at a sharp angle before you plug the fuse end in as there's hardly any room in the Fuse Box. I tried bending the wire AFTER I plugged the fuse block in and I almost bent the pins on the Fuse Block out of shape bad...

3. The Morimoto Instructions state that if you want the Sequential Direction Lights, you need to leave one of the plugs on the light unplugged. NOT TRUE (at least in my case). I had to remove the light off the car after I had installed it to PLUG the plug back in so I can get the Sequential Direction Light. Here's a pic of the plug unplugged (first install)
Sequential Connector.jpg

4. The Morimoto Instructions do not reference the fact that you need to take out the bolts from the bottom front of the Nose Cone before it will actually disengage from the car completely.

5. I broke at least 10 plastic clips that I had to replace with new. So make sure you have some extra plastic clips on hand.

6. For all of you OG's, you'll find that this little handy dandy tool will make the world of difference when you're doing this work...
Eye Glasses.jpg

7. Re-use the Morimoto boxes and Styrofoam packing to store your original headlights

And FINALLY, "La Piece de la Resistance":
MorimotoZ-1.jpg MorimotoZ-2.jpg MorimotoZ-5.jpg DRLs in Daytiime.jpg

BD2ZBN :: 2011 BSM/TRG/SP/6MT/Stillen Oil Cooler/K&N CAI/Michelin PSS/Brake Light/EIBACH Sway Bars/FI Res. HFC+18" Res. CBE/Morimoto XB LED/DRLs/10mm Spacers
PaulZ370 is offline   Reply With Quote