View Single Post
Old 01-16-2021, 05:53 PM   #29 (permalink)
Elmo370z
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 nissan 370z Sp M6
Elmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotrodz View Post
LMAO, you got have skills to take advantage of the technology. My fellow Miata racer has broken time trial records which he did the weekend before last in his Miata that has no power steering or abs. My Miata has no abs and we will be deleting the power steering before our next event on December 8th.

The bottom line is if you want modern tech that will help you be faster and overcome many of your driving faults, by an auto in a later model sports car and call it a day. Trying to make a manual drive faster without all of the other drive train upgrades will get you little to nothing at all. Spend the money on seat time and an instructor.

At some point the BMW DCT swap will be a real thing and that will the biggest time saver on our outdated manual transmission setup.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
You’re right. Seat time is the most important mod. I’ll take electronics all day. I don’t have the budget to repair the track and my car at the same time. I’ll live with my faults and slowly try to over come them
With seat time. If I’m able to drive a manual transmission just as fast as Dct competitors then when And If I ever decide to make that switch I’ll be quick.

Plus I know my place in the car world. I can’t compete in the same class as these track mod and unlimited teams. I’m building car around the rules I can afford to be competitive in.
Biggest thing for any driver is to get comfortable driving on the limits. With or without electronics.

Last edited by Elmo370z; 01-16-2021 at 06:02 PM.
Elmo370z is offline   Reply With Quote