View Single Post
Old 01-16-2021, 11:19 AM   #62 (permalink)
takemorepills
Base Member

Drives: Q60 3.7 AWD
takemorepills has a reputation beyond reputetakemorepills has a reputation beyond reputetakemorepills has a reputation beyond reputetakemorepills has a reputation beyond reputetakemorepills has a reputation beyond reputetakemorepills has a reputation beyond reputetakemorepills has a reputation beyond reputetakemorepills has a reputation beyond reputetakemorepills has a reputation beyond reputetakemorepills has a reputation beyond reputetakemorepills has a reputation beyond repute

My friend has a Model 3 Dual Motor, the fastest version of Model 3.

There is no doubt in a straight line (and even some curves) it is EXTREMELY impressive. After driving his car, I can say I don't need to watch YT videos of Teslas destroying high-end ICE sports cars because there is no doubt it is ridiculously fast.

I'll leave the interior debate mostly alone, but while I do find the exterior of the Model 3 appealing, the interior is something straight out of IKEA. I personally don't like it at all. I like the new Ford Mach-E interior far better.

After driving my friend's Model 3, I got back into my Q60 that has the "Infiniti Sports Exhaust" (this is a surprisingly loud exhaust for an OEM part) rolled my windows down, and hearing the exhaust note of my Q60 made me realize I MUCH prefer an ICE car. (BTW, I have found myself running against the lower-end Model 3 RWD versions on the freeway, and thankfully the Q60 is more than a match for that version).
I have long considered supercharging my car, but I may just leave it alone. The reality is, I could throw $20K at it and still get stomped by a Tesla (most every version of Tesla but one). And I am enjoying the reliability over my last German car.

I guess, the reality for me is that I am getting older, about to be mid-40's, and I just want a new Z because they have been a part of my life since before I could drive. I love the mechanical complexity of machines like cars, trucks, boats, airplanes. The kind of mechanical complexity that makes them less reliable than an electric machine, and dirtier.
takemorepills is offline   Reply With Quote