View Single Post
Old 01-15-2021, 10:09 PM   #5 (permalink)
Mariokart
Base Member

Drives: 2016 Nissan 370z
Mariokart has a reputation beyond reputeMariokart has a reputation beyond reputeMariokart has a reputation beyond reputeMariokart has a reputation beyond reputeMariokart has a reputation beyond reputeMariokart has a reputation beyond reputeMariokart has a reputation beyond reputeMariokart has a reputation beyond reputeMariokart has a reputation beyond reputeMariokart has a reputation beyond reputeMariokart has a reputation beyond repute

Still having trouble with this.

Car went back to the shop to get it sorted. They said it was fixed and to come pick it up. After around 30 seconds of driving it was back to idling high (13-1400 rpm) and not going past 2500rpm (limp mode). The shop said they had checked over everything and did a smoke test to check any leaks and it was fine. They then checked the data and think it's to do with the tune, although I have seb from specialty Z taking care of that and he doesn't see anything in the tune to be causing it. It's really hard going back and forth between a shop and a tuner. Especially when my own knowledge is limited already.

I'm looking to try and trouble shoot this then knock things down one at a time to get it sorted.

To recap, car went into the shop perfectly fine. Injectors got upgraded from 1050 to 1300.

Fuel pump got swapped to twin pumps with a hobb switch.

What could possibly happen in this install that would be getting the car to run this way and go into what seems to be limp mode? I really don't want it have to take it back to the shop yet another time as it's a huge hassle to do so.

Any ideas of what to start checking through?
Mariokart is offline   Reply With Quote