View Single Post
Old 01-12-2021, 08:52 AM   #13 (permalink)
Spooler
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2013 Nismo 370z
Spooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeThruHead View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcMF7DuugEI

watching this makes me want to go with darton sleeves with an and receiver groove for SS o-rings. Seems like theres quite a bit of added safety there at higher boost pressure. To get to that boost pressure without detonation I guess I'll have to figure out how to run higher octane fuel in ontario. Apparently there are concentrated race gas octane boosters that can be added to your tank of pump Ultra 94 octane. At least that's what Sasha Anis was using at one point.

Or maybe the Vulcan Cut Ring head gasket HMMMMMM very interesting stuff
Now you are learning. My Mazworx engine has some of these tricks. Darton MID sleeves have to be installed via a 3 or 4 axes CNC. The tolerances are extremely tight. They have to be perfect. The block is then step deck cut where just the sleeve cylinder is above the deck by several thousands. Mark uses a special headgasket with exactly like what is stated in the video. The MLS gasket folds back upon itself at the cylinder to increase clamp load. The advantages for a street car are this. If you blow the headgasket it can be repaired very easily. New gasket, deck the head and re-install. If you use a copper headgasket and O-rings everything will need to be redone. It is more costly and time consuming. There is a video that covers this in my thread. What SOHO has done is also covered in the video. Keep watching and researching. You are getting it.
Spooler is offline   Reply With Quote