View Single Post
Old 01-12-2021, 08:51 AM   #1 (permalink)
triple_a
Base Member

Drives: 11 370Z GM M6
triple_a has a reputation beyond reputetriple_a has a reputation beyond reputetriple_a has a reputation beyond reputetriple_a has a reputation beyond reputetriple_a has a reputation beyond reputetriple_a has a reputation beyond reputetriple_a has a reputation beyond reputetriple_a has a reputation beyond reputetriple_a has a reputation beyond reputetriple_a has a reputation beyond reputetriple_a has a reputation beyond repute
Default TPMS question related to US / EU frequencies

I have a 2011 Nissan 370Z, which has been imported to Europe from the US by the previous owner. I still have the OEM Rays on the car but will be changing to Volk TE37SLs next summer.

I'd like to keep the TPMS functionality. The original sensors are quite old so I'd like to buy new ones as the old ones will likely run out of battery in a few years max.

Since my car is a US import, it is likely that the original tires still have the US TPMS sensors inside. For the new sensors I'd like to use EU frequency versions as it is basically illegal to use the US SubGHz frequency (315MHz I believe) here, the European equivalent is 433MHz.

The question: does the 370Z ECU get configured in a fixed manner at the factory depending if it is a US model or a EU model or does the ECU know to scan different frequencies to detect the sensors?
triple_a is offline   Reply With Quote