View Single Post
Old 01-12-2021, 05:36 AM   #5 (permalink)
bebenegro
Base Member

Drives: 370z
bebenegro is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by tchertel View Post
bebenegro,
I know this is a very old post but did you ever figure out what was going on? I am going thru the same thing with my Z and everything that Array pointed out is not the case. I don't know if it was the same thing for you but mine would only come on at cold start; if I cleared the CEL after it was warmed up it would not come back on until the car would have to cycle through a cold start again. Mine, every other cold start causes the issue and it always pops on 40 to 50 seconds after starting when it is starting to idle down.

I know all my components Array listed are good otherwise I don't believe I would have made 406hp at the wheels when I got it re-tuned. I have the Stillen SC kit.
Sorry for the delay in response tchertel.

Ive narrowed it down to dirty throttle bodies. My workaround when it starts to happen is I turn on the car for 20-30 secs in the morning, shut off, turn on again, and I never get a CEL. My theory is that the gunk in the throttle bodies seize up after not moving for a while (and they do get absurdly dirty to be honest), causing some airflow fluctuations when starting up. A few seconds after all returns to normal. Whenever this starts I take the car in for throttle body cleaning and the problem is resolved for 2-3 years.

Hope this helps!
bebenegro is offline   Reply With Quote