View Single Post
Old 01-12-2021, 12:13 AM   #38 (permalink)
2017370ZBlack
Base Member

Drives: 2017 370Z Black 6MT
2017370ZBlack is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voice59 View Post
1. Would I prefer Nissan were able to produce a wholly new car on their own? Yes.

But if it took collaborating with another manufacture to produce something fresh and innovative, I wouldn't turn my nose up at it. Just as long as the car was mostly Nissan (if that makes sense).

2. Yeah, if Nissan were to produce a real banger, I'd pay the money for it. If the Nismo version of the Z was a 4L twin turbo with a kick *** transmission and suspension, I'd feel justified paying a bit more. Hell, I was in the market for a Q60 Black S had they followed through with their ambitions.

3. I'm not knocking them for using the engine. I'm knocking them for deciding to do it so late. I feel like the introduction of the Q50/Q60 and the VR30 platform should've been when it took place. I mean they've had a solid twin turbo V6 since what? 2009. The kinks have been worked out. If they want to take a twin turbo engine/set up from one of their own, they could've literally just handed that down to the Z in 2015, and made a new platform for the GTR. The most "innovative" thing they did for the Z in the past 10 years was add Recaro seats to the Nismo.

The GT-R's twin turbo engine is hand-built by a group of 4 guys. Would cost too much to put that engine into a Z. Perhaps they could have taken the GT-R's engine and built it on an assembly line instead, thus lowering the costs. You're wanting Nissan to sell a 565hp car for $50K. LOL
2017370ZBlack is offline   Reply With Quote