View Single Post
Old 01-11-2021, 03:23 PM   #35 (permalink)
NecioVato
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2017 Black Nismo Z
NecioVato has a reputation beyond reputeNecioVato has a reputation beyond reputeNecioVato has a reputation beyond reputeNecioVato has a reputation beyond reputeNecioVato has a reputation beyond reputeNecioVato has a reputation beyond reputeNecioVato has a reputation beyond reputeNecioVato has a reputation beyond reputeNecioVato has a reputation beyond reputeNecioVato has a reputation beyond reputeNecioVato has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voice59 View Post
That's what I was getting at. I can't fault a company for using the cost effective option in order to stay in business. But as someone who has seen a car I own last a decade unchanged I was really hoping that the new car would be just that...new. And while people will consider it having the 3.0t a new engine, even that will be 4-5 years old by the time it's released.
I completely get where you're coming from but a couple of questions:
1. Would you rather Nissan partner with another car maker such as Toyota with Subaru or Toyota with BMW with the making of the BRZ/FRS or the Supra? Basically one could say that the Supra doesn't have much in other than the shell, QA of the car and a tune?

2. Considering the R&D that would be needed to build a new engine - would you be willing to pay much more than lets say $45k for a new engine and new technology?

Considering they already have a twin turbo for the Q - why not use the same engine and technology - work on adding a manual to it - and work out the kinks - maybe look at the existing shortcomings of the Q60 and look to improve on that for the new Z. This way your focus can be on things such as the shell, the improvement of the engine and other things to make it a revision as far as teh engine of the Q60 and giving the looks and interior tech of the new Z.

I don't know - again, I understand that the hype makes it seem like this would be a BRAND NEW car and it feels more like a refresh that should have happened several years ago.
NecioVato is offline   Reply With Quote