View Single Post
Old 01-11-2021, 01:30 PM   #34 (permalink)
Voice59
Premium Member

Drives: 2009 Nissan 370z
Voice59 is a glorious beacon of lightVoice59 is a glorious beacon of lightVoice59 is a glorious beacon of lightVoice59 is a glorious beacon of lightVoice59 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by triso07 View Post
I may be mistaken but when he was saying tech I assumed he meant from a chassis, engine, transmission, suspension standpoint. Meaning, the architecture for this car is old and the engine is from a car released in 2017.

From that perspective there is less to be excited about. It's not a ground up build where we'll see new everything.

My points are still that this helps keep cost low and reliability high, while providing a very nice upgrade over the current 370. It's a wise business decision and probably the only way we were going to get a new Z during these difficult times for the company and the push for electrification.

I think Nissan is still able differentiate this car significantly from the 370 with better brakes, better handling, more (tunable) power, refreshed design, and some modern screen tech.
That's what I was getting at. I can't fault a company for using the cost effective option in order to stay in business. But as someone who has seen a car I own last a decade unchanged I was really hoping that the new car would be just that...new. And while people will consider it having the 3.0t a new engine, even that will be 4-5 years old by the time it's released.
Voice59 is offline   Reply With Quote