View Single Post
Old 01-11-2021, 11:35 AM   #690 (permalink)
Elmo370z
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 nissan 370z Sp M6
Elmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupcakez View Post
Turns out it was indeed normal valvetrain noise.
Asked multiple people to listen to it while I revv'ed the engine and they all said it was normal. Including my mechanic.

It is not rod knock, because since it was there since Feb and it's been running perfect since then, it would have metal flakes during oil changes being shown.

However, I did an oil change today and no metal flakes was seen or discovered. It was all clean. I did put 5w30 Liqui Moly in there as it was recommended to me to help with the Valvetrain noise -- as it seems to have a detergent in there that helps clean things. So I'll see how that goes.

Other than that, I've done multiple logs of the car being driven lately and all logs look perfectly fine.

The battery was disconnected for 30 minutes and the brake pedal held down for 10 seconds after DC'ing the battery and it reset everything (including the SES light that was on for no reason since ECUtek wouldn't log any codes no matter how many tries or angles I tried to get it to show me a code).

Light never came on again since then, the car feels as it should, and I was told I never heard the noise or noticed it even though it was always there.
I had only noticed it starting Feb of 2020 and since it's been driving fine ever since then, the only plausible conclusion is that it is, indeed, valvetrain noise.

Once I noticed it, I never go back to not noticing it!

Car is all good now. Thanks everyone for your support and feedback, appreciate it!

Car's been running strong since Feb and hopefully can make it to Feb for 1 year+++ of running without any major issues / issues at all x)
You should hear spoolers motor if you think what you have is loud

Last edited by Elmo370z; 01-11-2021 at 05:52 PM.
Elmo370z is offline   Reply With Quote