View Single Post
Old 01-10-2021, 12:11 PM   #29 (permalink)
NecioVato
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2017 Black Nismo Z
NecioVato has a reputation beyond reputeNecioVato has a reputation beyond reputeNecioVato has a reputation beyond reputeNecioVato has a reputation beyond reputeNecioVato has a reputation beyond reputeNecioVato has a reputation beyond reputeNecioVato has a reputation beyond reputeNecioVato has a reputation beyond reputeNecioVato has a reputation beyond reputeNecioVato has a reputation beyond reputeNecioVato has a reputation beyond repute

I think it’s best to wait till the vehicle arrives and we start seeing reviews on performance etc. The way I look at it is while the proto was underwhelming since we only saw and heard about the design aspect but no mention of what was added underneath that design - but it was a GREAT surprise to see that Nissan is actually doing a new Z - i think all of us have been complaining about ‘where is the new Z - been 10+ years’.

When you look at a car like the Supra, lets not forget that the car is over $55k and this new Z ‘SHOULD’ be priced well below that to allow for the aftermarket to take care of things that we want to replace all for less than a stock Supra. Also at least the new Z will offer a manual which is great for enthusiasts. As for looks - it’s subjective - but I want to wait to see one in person and then make my decision - at least the interior looks better than what we currently have in our Zs (just my .02).

As far as performance vehicles - what vehicles come to mind that you feel are full filling the promise of performance + tech? The only vehicle that is REASONABLY priced is maybe the Civic Type R - but even that car has an outdated interior, subjective looks and an infotainment that everyone on their forum complains about - seems all the tech was added to making a FWD vehicle perform. As for the Supra - it required teaming with BMW and use THEIR engine and basically their interior as well; it feels like the only thing Toyota did was add a shell and a different tune. While I do like the design - its a hefty price for new and I don’t consider a $55k to $60k (after TTL) reasonable.
NecioVato is offline   Reply With Quote