View Single Post
Old 01-09-2021, 04:14 AM   #7 (permalink)
SeeThruHead
Track Member

Drives: Red '18 Sport Manual
SeeThruHead has a reputation beyond reputeSeeThruHead has a reputation beyond reputeSeeThruHead has a reputation beyond reputeSeeThruHead has a reputation beyond reputeSeeThruHead has a reputation beyond reputeSeeThruHead has a reputation beyond reputeSeeThruHead has a reputation beyond reputeSeeThruHead has a reputation beyond reputeSeeThruHead has a reputation beyond reputeSeeThruHead has a reputation beyond reputeSeeThruHead has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah i think it might be a stretch for me to go straight to turbo. I kind of want to see how the car feels NA, which means buying an NA exhaust setup. Which really lends itself well into putting on a supercharger IMO since I can do an easier bolt on off of the NA setup than I would removing everything and doing a turbo.

That being said I think turbo is rather interesting as well. I've been looking at those Turbosmart electronically controlled butterfly wastegates. building a turbo setup to use that would be interesting for sure! For sure the ecutek doesn't have the current capability on the boost control pins to drive them but there was talk about making some kind of bridge to allow control via low current PWM signal. I'm definitely getting ahead of myself tho thinking about customizing a turbo setup at this stage in the plan haha.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDkDFFRBc-8

I think it would be especially fun to nerd out over Motec control over boost via these. You could tune boost control very accurately it seems without all the pressure lines and solenoids (2 per wastegate if you wanted to do solenoid on top and bottom of the WG) As a stretch goal I would love to use Motec for traction control via boost pressure. Changing the boost pressure based on factors such as: user input (rotary switch), current gear, current rpm. But i'm geeking out over over engineering things rather than being practical.

One thing I'd be interested in is more in depth information on the fast intentions system

Do people watercool the wastegates? Would it be better to use Tial MV-S-A if not? (do those even fit, they are taller tho)

Could i use those turbosmart electronically controlled wastegates on the fast intentions kit. Probably wont fit? Maybe I could tweak the wastegate pipe to use the butterfly valve. Lot's of things to consider. What could I even use to control them. Are there many piggyback ECU's available that can work with signals from ecutek? Or do I need a full stand alone. I have years to figure this out I suppose. But it's fun to think about.

Last edited by SeeThruHead; 01-09-2021 at 03:39 PM.
SeeThruHead is offline   Reply With Quote