View Single Post
Old 01-08-2021, 11:39 PM   #21 (permalink)
Voice59
Premium Member

Drives: 2009 Nissan 370z
Voice59 is a glorious beacon of lightVoice59 is a glorious beacon of lightVoice59 is a glorious beacon of lightVoice59 is a glorious beacon of lightVoice59 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by takemorepills View Post
I leased a 2016 GTI. Turbo power, added JB4, even more turbo power. Amazing DSG. Amazing handling. With the JB4 it could out-accelerate BMW 340i. Lots of "tech" in that car. Headlights that swiveled, adjustable suspension, Android Auto at a time only Hyundai had AA. Amazing car to drive.

2 miles from picking it up from the dealer, check engine light. Was in the shop 10 times over 33 months. Trust me, I loved driving that car. But as my lease was nearing an end, I actually chose a less complicated, obviously "old-school" under the skin car to replace the GTI. I bought my 2014 CPO Q60 to replace my 2016 GTI knowing: everyone hates the 7AT, under the skin the car is actually 18 years old, the VQ has been out "forever" and I'd be giving up my Android Auto.

I gained AWD traction, and in 2 years of ownership never ONCE needed any repairs.

So, the whole "it's outdated" argument falls on deaf ears with me. I. Could. Care. Less.

If I can get a 400HP Turbo 2 seater, I am likely going to keep it a long time. I can guarantee I will keep it so long it will undoubtedly be considered outdated no matter what kind of "but only if" tech they could cram into it in 2021.

For the OP, I would suggest the C8 Corvette. If a high-tech cutting edge affordable 2 seater is what they are after, that's probably the best choice if going solely by the metrics.
BMW Supra would be another choice.
Any Lexus coupe is actually "outdated" too.

Choices are good. I am glad to not be hung up on "needs to be the newest tech". Just being physically new even if older engineering is OK by me as long as the quality is good (Made in Japan please) so I can forseeably keep it 20+ years.

The C8 in my opinion is a great example of innovation and styling. I wouldn't call it affordable though lol. I have a Q60RS and I like it quite a bit but there's still things about it that I'm like..."c'mon you could've thought this out better, or this could at least be on par with other cars in it's class". I don't think it needs to be the newest tech...just not tech I can get from a car they made in 2009.
Voice59 is offline   Reply With Quote