View Single Post
Old 01-08-2021, 03:54 PM   #5162 (permalink)
PaulZ370
Track Member

Drives: 011 370 BSM/T/SP/6MT
PaulZ370 has much to be proud ofPaulZ370 has much to be proud ofPaulZ370 has much to be proud ofPaulZ370 has much to be proud ofPaulZ370 has much to be proud ofPaulZ370 has much to be proud ofPaulZ370 has much to be proud ofPaulZ370 has much to be proud ofPaulZ370 has much to be proud ofPaulZ370 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulZ370 View Post
The MORIMOTOs are in!

They showed up 4 days after ordering from Z1 along with a little gift... I know what I'll be doing this weekend!!!

Ok GuyZ and GalZ,

Quick Update: I decided to go ahead with the installation today. I ran into a few minor things that I was documenting as I proceeded, until I got to a show stopper. The wiring harness provided by Morimoto to hook up the DRL's from the Fuse Box by the Battery is way too short! The shorter end that's supposed to go to the Passenger side Light didn't even make it past the Strut Tower Brace, and the longer end that's supposed to go all the way around the front to the Driver's side Light barely made it to the middle of the Radiator area... Hmmm. A quick call to Z1 Motorsports and spoke to Raymond. He did his installation on his Z by splicing a wire into the harness to extend it, but he suggested calling Morimoto as he could not rightly remember the wire gauge. I called Morimoto and talked to their Customer Service Rep... and he tells me they sell Harness Extenders! ....I quickly pointed out to him politely that I just spent $1,400+ on these headlights and that the least he can do is send the extensions to me as this is Morimoto's error not mine, and certainly not Z1 Motorsports ... and ... he did... So now I am waiting on the Harness Extenders to come in before completing the installation. My Poor Z is in pieces in the Garage...! Dang it !

PS: I did suggest to the Morimoto guy that they should start including these harness extenders in their light kits, and I called Raymond back at Z1 and let him know that Morimoto has these harness extenders.. so now, everyone knows!

Anyways, PICS:
Short End of Harness.gif

Long End of Harness.gif

BD2ZBN :: 2011 BSM/TRG/SP/6MT/Stillen Oil Cooler/K&N CAI/Michelin PSS/Brake Light/EIBACH Sway Bars/FI Res. HFC+18" Res. CBE/Morimoto XB LED/DRLs/10mm Spacers
PaulZ370 is offline   Reply With Quote