View Single Post
Old 01-07-2021, 11:11 AM   #25 (permalink)
Ghostvette
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 15 Magma Red 6MT
Ghostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeeingAround View Post
The were working on Miltary vehicle EVs back in the 90's 5 minutes from my home. General Dynamics. I was friends with the engineer on the several projects mostly turbine generator_> battery and Electric propulsion. The EMI would wipe out most sensitive electronics and also create an easy signature to spot, track and target.
I'm not sure military EVs are going to be possible, unless they come up with a reliable way to shunt the EMI to ground. The COMSEC equipment I worked on had RF shielding like you wouldn't believe. A 4" x 4" circuit board, surrounded by 3" of wire mesh and steel.