View Single Post
Old 01-04-2021, 07:32 AM   #1 (permalink)
Corsairprime
Base Member

Drives: 14 370Z Nismo GM 6MT
Corsairprime has a reputation beyond reputeCorsairprime has a reputation beyond reputeCorsairprime has a reputation beyond reputeCorsairprime has a reputation beyond reputeCorsairprime has a reputation beyond reputeCorsairprime has a reputation beyond reputeCorsairprime has a reputation beyond reputeCorsairprime has a reputation beyond reputeCorsairprime has a reputation beyond reputeCorsairprime has a reputation beyond reputeCorsairprime has a reputation beyond repute
Default Z Rear Bumper Button Panel Loose - 3 screws gone

Z People,

Here's a weird issue to have. In the last few months the button panel imbedded in the rear bumper cover has come loose. So loose in fact that it became difficult to open the hatch due the button moving around. Well this past holiday I decided to fix the problem. I removed the bumper cover and discovered that three of the five screws holding the button panel in place were gone. Apparently the car vibrates enough to loosen those screws. I guess it is a good thing that I keep all the old screws and fitting from past mods and installs. I used the blind nuts and 10mm screws that came with the Z-Speed under tray in place of the cheap wood screw style blind nuts/screws the factory had put there. Problem solved and unlikely to return.

Has anyone out there had this problem? Seems a silly one to have given that this button panel is used as often as the door handle. It's not like there is a button in the car that can pop the trunk latch.

Why Nissan, Why?
2014 Nismo #462, GunMetal Grey, GT-R Start Button, AAM S-Line/R-Line intake and S-Line exhaust, Berk HFCs, Osiris Tuned at JoTech
Corsairprime is offline   Reply With Quote