View Single Post
Old 01-01-2021, 10:15 PM   #11 (permalink)
ZETIRED
Base Member

Drives: 10' 370Z RDST. BC,7A
ZETIRED is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by High_Octane View Post
Just recently I noticed my top warning light to be permanently on, but I can still operate the top as per normal with no issues.

Checked with a reader and saw there is an error code B1777 which says "Rear window defogger output signal circuit is short to power."

Been trying to trace the wires but don't see any chafing. Studied both Roof and Defogger manuals but doesn't make sense...
I already tried removing the 2 20A fuses but I still get an error.

Any ideas?
I came across your thread, and I realize it's fairly old, but I have a similar problem with my 2010 Z roadster top. The Top Icon is always on, but the top works fine. The dealer Scanned for codes and they found the code B1777. This code translates to a short in the rear window defrost wiring. I took the car home to see if I can fix the problem. Upon very close scrutiny I found a chafed wire on the drivers side taped to a hinge. I was able to repair the wire however the Top Icon is still on. I saw you wiring schematic, and I noticed that the are 2 20 amp fuses listed and I want to check them to see if they had opened due to the short. However I have no idea where they are physically located. I checked the fuse box next to the battery, nothing. I can't find them. Can anyone tell me where these two fuses are actually located. Thank you all.
You can also reach me at r.caliebe@gmail.com. Any help would be appreciated.
ZETIRED is offline   Reply With Quote