View Single Post
Old 01-01-2021, 07:33 AM   #578 (permalink)
gbrettin
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Tricycle
gbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond repute

Happy New Year everyone!

Worked on getting the merge to actually merge. Coping pretty much sucked. I had to take pies on and off 50 times. When it was off I would massage some of the metal out with an aluminum sanding disk. That was the passenger side large section. I coped one pie for 4 hours on New Years Eve. Well, it wasn't one pie. It was like 5. It gave me night terrors.

The first few pictures are of me making a transition between 3" to 2.5" for the turbo. An exhaust flare was used to make an aggressive transition. When I start posting the turbo to intercooler pictures it will make a whole lot more sense why that quick transition is needed.

My vision must be starting to make sense to people. I posted the intake on FB and it was generally well received. The biggest hang up was trying to explain the necessity of balancing out the boost in the X pipe vs running a straight shot from the intercooler. Trust me, I would have loved to do that. WAY less pies and WAY WAY less welding.

gbrettin is offline   Reply With Quote