View Single Post
Old 01-01-2021, 12:23 AM   #17 (permalink)
Zyonara91
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2010-Red-6spd-S/T
Zyonara91 has a reputation beyond reputeZyonara91 has a reputation beyond reputeZyonara91 has a reputation beyond reputeZyonara91 has a reputation beyond reputeZyonara91 has a reputation beyond reputeZyonara91 has a reputation beyond reputeZyonara91 has a reputation beyond reputeZyonara91 has a reputation beyond reputeZyonara91 has a reputation beyond reputeZyonara91 has a reputation beyond reputeZyonara91 has a reputation beyond repute

This is what I think. Cruise ships etc will go nuclear powered. Airplanes will find a new source of energy that burns cleaner than what we have now.

As for ICE cars, it's inevitable that they will phase out the ICE. Those that have them will be able to keep them but I have a feeling they will add additional taxes and fees to keep them running (Emission tests, plate renewals, finding the RIGHT type of fuel and so forth).

I mean look at the carbon tax here in Canada, by 2030, if I recall correctly, the price of regular gasoline (87) will be jumping by 40 cents. Like wtf. . . I will be paying close to, if not more than $2 a litre for premium gasoline, what a rip. They better find a way to mass produce electric cars and make them super affordable and reliable ASAP. As for costs, I'm sure the governments will find a way to tax additionally electric cars, such as battery disposal feels, additional fees for purchasing the battery, fees for discarding the rubber from the tires and whatever else. The cost of electricity will also be going up, that's for sure. I just don't want to wait for 30 mins in one spot for my car to sufficiently charge, that to if there isn't a line up already at the "refill" station.