View Single Post
Old 02-11-2010, 04:47 PM   #12 (permalink)
Togo
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Stuff
Togo has a reputation beyond reputeTogo has a reputation beyond reputeTogo has a reputation beyond reputeTogo has a reputation beyond reputeTogo has a reputation beyond reputeTogo has a reputation beyond reputeTogo has a reputation beyond reputeTogo has a reputation beyond reputeTogo has a reputation beyond reputeTogo has a reputation beyond reputeTogo has a reputation beyond repute

It depends on what you are using the car for.. if you plan to AutoX or do a road course a lot, then the suspension mods will make a bigger difference in the fun of it than an exhaust and intake IMO. If you're mostly just gonna drive around town in the car.. then do the exhaust and intake upgrades and maybe not worry about the suspension so much.

The Z does handle well but those that threw on some KW Varient 3 and some sways (like hotchkis) have report amazing results. It's been one of the more popular setups for those that have gone with adjustable coil-overs and sways.

For instance, when modding my track/street bike, I did all performance mods first.. exhaust, intakes, custom tune, gears, chains, kleen air, etc. I did my Ohlins suspension mods last.. and guess what was the most noticeable upgrade with the biggest results.. Yup, Ohlins rear shock and Ohlins fork cartridge kit... (however the suspension upgrade cost the most, $3k, more than most have spent on a their car..)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kielbasa16 View Post
This has been helpful. Togo, would you mind expanding on your suggestion a bit, why are suspension upgrades a particularly good first step? I doubt I will be doing anything more than AutoX as far as racing is concerned, though I can see how it would be useful there. From what Ive read the Z handles pretty damn well.

Joe Clem and Koeppel Nissan
Togo is offline   Reply With Quote