View Single Post
Old 12-30-2020, 04:26 PM   #36 (permalink)
KingZTX
Base Member

Drives: Slow, homie
KingZTX has a reputation beyond reputeKingZTX has a reputation beyond reputeKingZTX has a reputation beyond reputeKingZTX has a reputation beyond reputeKingZTX has a reputation beyond reputeKingZTX has a reputation beyond reputeKingZTX has a reputation beyond reputeKingZTX has a reputation beyond reputeKingZTX has a reputation beyond reputeKingZTX has a reputation beyond reputeKingZTX has a reputation beyond repute

12/30/26

Reposting this from my [ON TOPIC] discussion thread post; for documentation.

Failed inspection. Inside tread on rear Extreme Contact DWS06 Continentals is running 2/32 (closer to 1.5/32) L and 3/32 R. Warranty doesn't cover uneven tread wear.

I have the Firestone alignment lifetime deal--they (should be) aligning it to factory spec every time I bring it in, and I've brought it in about 6 or 7 times since purchasing the rubber. I align the car 4 times or so per year because it is my DD, and the roads in Waco are treacherous so I want to make sure everything is running smoothly all the time. Certainly have received my money's worth on the lifetime alignment deal...but maybe that isn't the case anymore if its f****** up my suspension/treadwear.

Only had them for ~16,000mi.

I understand due to the negative camber nature of our vehicles, 16,000 miles (mostly highway) is enough to wear the inside tread. But I also see an issue with the LEFT REAR having lower inside tread than the RIGHT REAR. Even when they are both low on the inside, they don't match.

Here is my alignment report and treadwear report:

My plan of action right now is:

- Call TireRack and ask if the warranty is still available It isn't
- Bring the Z to the stealership and pay for a diagnostic to see if any suspension parts may be causing the issue (I am running all stock suspension except for a Hotckis Front Sway).
- If suspension is the issue, I stop there and take the hit; purchase new rubber and get the suspension parts fixed/replaced at Austin Z Clinic.
- If suspension is NOT the issue, then provide the stealership with the numbers from Firestone's alignment tool and ask them if Firestone is aligning to the correct spec.
- If Firestone isn't, b**** to customer service and demand that they cover the price of purchasing and installing new EC Continental DWS06 on the rears, and never bring them my business again.
- If Firestone is aligning correctly, then I am completely lost.