View Single Post
Old 12-28-2020, 04:32 PM   #13 (permalink)
Evildky
Base Member

Drives: 13 Nismo STU/T3
Evildky has a reputation beyond reputeEvildky has a reputation beyond reputeEvildky has a reputation beyond reputeEvildky has a reputation beyond reputeEvildky has a reputation beyond reputeEvildky has a reputation beyond reputeEvildky has a reputation beyond reputeEvildky has a reputation beyond reputeEvildky has a reputation beyond reputeEvildky has a reputation beyond reputeEvildky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomer_110 View Post
Trust those of us saying to go with 18's. Get yourself a set of 18x11's and run 315/30-18 Yokohama A052's.

You also may want to check the STU rules as last I knew clutches had to remain OE. Also you'll find the xp12/10 combo is overly agressive for autox. Might want to think about swapping pads between autox and track duty.
I don't love the yoko's, I got a set for my miata, kinda remind me of the old bias ply R comps. Loads of stick with no sidewall. The 18 size only costs me about 3 mph in second but 6 in 4th. Fine for autocross, less ideal for track, I'd rather not have to do a bound up dogleg downshift cresting turn 16 at NCM at 120+ mph, been there done that, sketchy AF.

I'm pretty familiar with the rules. The clutch and csc to go in is a stock.

Yes these pads are a bit more aggressive than most seem to like in this chassis, I ran 12's front and rear on my 350Z (GT). This chassis gets way twitchy with that much rear bite, also the larger akebono's and the OE abs don't seem to know what to with this much bite either. I'm used to the aggressive pads at autocross, anything less, is well, less.
Evildky is offline   Reply With Quote