View Single Post
Old 12-25-2020, 11:16 AM   #48 (permalink)
ZoomZ
Track Member

Drives: 17' 370Z Nismo
ZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrBacon View Post
This is a self built engine, and by self built it's not even me, just a friend who I am helping out. Could mistakes have been made? Oh yeah for sure. But this is the only way you will ever learn in life with literally anything, try it, learn what you did wrong, fix your mistake(s), do it again. It's pretty well expected this block will be disassembled again in the future due to whatever various issues that may arise. No one obviously expects perfection from a self build.

And yes, a lot of companies/people like to keep their secrets, which is exactly why we're just having to do this ourselves and see what fails, it's the only way. This engine is expected to be running 30-35psi of boost at full tilt, and we know there's a very good chance it'll run into head lift issues even with ARP L19 head studs, a step decked block and MLS headgaskets. But my point being is, just because you know something might fail doesn't mean you shouldn't try, right? We're all on the same team here, we just want to see VQ's make some power.
"Inventions were created by failures".-Me

zz