View Single Post
Old 12-21-2020, 08:37 AM   #573 (permalink)
gbrettin
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Tricycle
gbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond repute

All the fittings were put into the Accusump, but not with out complication. I lost the schrader valve so I had to order a new one. I originally called Canton Racing to order a "new air pick" because I had lost it. Honest to god I had no idea what the valve was called. He basically told me to order it from Amazon. lol. A replacement shrader valve and a 45deg elbow for the pressure gauge was ordered.

(products arrive)

Saturday I hit the shop to complete final assembly of the Accsump but hit the aforementioned bumps. The 45deg elbow is for 1/2" and I needed 3/8. Easy enough fix, the hardware store is right down the road. Turns out they don't sell 45deg brass elbows so I had to settle on a straight coupler and a 90deg. That turned out to be a great option anyway because it kept it nice and tight.

Working with the T fitting... I really dislike red/blue AN fittings for some reason. Ordering a new T fitting because of the color only wasn't a good enough reason to purchase a new one; not to mention there would be delays getting the plumbing completed. Easiest fix I could think of was spray paint. Auto Dynamix always has a TON of mostly used spray cans in the back storage room. Black caliper paint was rounded up from the sea of cans. I figured if it could work on calipers, it would be fine for the T fitting.

A short -10 line was ran from the oil cooler to the Accusump. At this point, there are only two lines left for the oil run. That will need to be completed after the engine goes back in and I order 3 more fittings. for the return/sending lines.

Due to the location of the Accusump, I needed to have that completed prior to doing the cold side. GREAT SUCCESS. I'm so ready to get rocking on wrapping up the cold and hot side; so ready I picked up a bandsaw to get going on pie cuts because I'm sick of waiting for the gigantic bandsaw to be fixed (that's been a process I'm not going to get into). The old Harbor Freight bandsaw put in a TON of work. I thought that a new one would be a good enough option to get rolling. WRONG. What a piece of sh1t. Brand new and it can't cut a 9deg cut. Even worse, the 9deg jig from lpsfab will not fit. That whole debacle killed my Sunday. What a bummer. I just wanted to get some forward momentum. The shop owner, Dave, said he is going to get the big bandsaw going. There are a few options other than that to get pies done: 1. Have a shop cut the aluminum or 2. order a bunch of pies from Black Sheep Industries. I'd prefer to cut my own at this point.

gbrettin is offline   Reply With Quote