View Single Post
Old 12-19-2020, 06:28 AM   #16 (permalink)
Cyber370
Track Member

Drives: 2016 370Z Nismo 6MT
Cyber370 has a reputation beyond reputeCyber370 has a reputation beyond reputeCyber370 has a reputation beyond reputeCyber370 has a reputation beyond reputeCyber370 has a reputation beyond reputeCyber370 has a reputation beyond reputeCyber370 has a reputation beyond reputeCyber370 has a reputation beyond reputeCyber370 has a reputation beyond reputeCyber370 has a reputation beyond reputeCyber370 has a reputation beyond repute

Be careful about what you hear on YouTube. The sound is always misleading because you can never gauge the drone and loudness levels by watching videos. Believe me, I have gotten burned several times before learning my lesson. The only real way to know how an exhaust sounds and whether it is too loud for you, is by hearing it in person. Of course this is not easy so you need to trust your instincts and do a little bit of engineering analysis. Any exhaust with straight pipes, no mid pipe resonators, and tiny mufflers will be loud and most likely have drone. Systems with Helmholtz chambers tend to have lower drone levels but can still be extremely loud at WOT. Systems that resemble the stock setup having proper crossover, resonators and mufflers close to the stock locations will most likely be acceptable. Again, it’s still a crap shoot as to finding the Goldilocks sound we all look for. Good luck.

Last edited by Cyber370; 12-19-2020 at 06:31 AM.
Cyber370 is offline   Reply With Quote