View Single Post
Old 12-15-2020, 05:30 PM   #9153 (permalink)
FL 4Motion
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Baby Shark
FL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastwest2300 View Post
whats up fellas.
Hey bud, I’ve been thinking about your situation re. flood insurance. My advice, and I’ll leave it be after this, would be to research it online and then contact your home insurance agent and speak with them about it and how to go about getting set up with it.

PS- don’t forget about getting, if you don’t already have it, mold and mildew remediation coverage added to your homeowners policy. That **** can get expensive super quick, I’ll lay out a scenario for everyone:

Storm hits, your roof gets damage and water intrusion aka some flooding. Home insurance company says okay, your roof is covered but not the water damage, that’s flood insurance, flood insurance then covers the water damage but in the course of that repair, they find extensive mold issues bc Florida and it took months to get contractors and the insurance company crap squared away. Flood insurance will cover new drywall and appliances but it won’t treat the mold issue. Without a mold policy rider, you may end up with no coverage for that, kinda hard to close up everything if there’s mold behind. Now you need to come up with that $$ for mold immediately or the whole project is in limbo.

Mold remediation can get real expensive quick, think asbestos remediation levels of $$.

Ok, sorry to be sounding like a Debbie downer and I’m not trying to scare you, just trying to educate and hopefully help a new homeowner avoid common pitfalls for first time homeownership.