View Single Post
Old 12-15-2020, 05:15 PM   #6161 (permalink)
FL 4Motion
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Baby Shark
FL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JARblue View Post
Rural America is going to make it extremely difficult for the US to force electric vehicles on a national level. I'm predicting that we'll have a number of companies and politicians screaming for it wherever they can make money (i.e. California and densely populated regions) and the rural portions of the country will continue to use ICE vehicles for several decades. This will lead to even more discrepancy in the needs and style of living between rural and urban areas. Which should lead to much better political discourse at the federal level
As stated by ricerx, eventually gas will just be priced to the point ice vehicles are just priced out of the market bc it’s to $$ to fuel them as well as too hard to even find gas stations.

The $$ and the majority of the population in this country is urban and suburban, not rural. Not enough people and not enough people with $$ to care about rural transportation issues. Sh1t, the republicans bitch about subsidized airports and flights to connect rural areas and the democratics couldn’t give two sh1ts if POVs go away so I think we know how this is going to go.

My hope, and I’m bullish on this, is that battery tech will advance enough to mitigate at least some of this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoomZ View Post
They haven't built or IMO, ever be able to build, LARGE Electric commercial Aircraft. Dino fuel will be around for them for years to come. Unless Greta gets her way.

I'm sure 100 years from now, the "super" battery will exist. Maybe then, large commercial electric planes will be viable. We will be Dino oil ourselves by then.
Hydrogen fuel cell planes, problem solved. Just need to figure out how to produce hydrogen for the fuel cells on a mass production level without using fossil fuels. That’ll happen eventually.

The BIGGEST issue imo with this inevitable move to electric cars etc, is that it’s happening hand in hand with the autonomous car push. Have any of you noticed that over the last 10 years or so there’s been a concerted push in all subjects, esp driving, that emphasizes how “dangerous” humans are and how we can’t be trusted to make decisions. Sh1t, there’s even sentencing algorithms for court cases now so apparently we may not need judges at some point.

/\ my worry isn’t what tech powers my Jeep or car, my worry is will I still be able to legally drive my fvcking autos myself or will we outlaw our constitutionally unenumerated right to freedom of movement?
FL 4Motion is offline   Reply With Quote