View Single Post
Old 12-15-2020, 12:24 PM   #3158 (permalink)
OptionZero
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 15 370Z Nismo 6MT
OptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond repute

Seems like you have a very limited and outdated view of how suspension, specifically for the 370Z works.

Stance and daily driving are far from mutually exclusive, as long as you do it right. I am running tire to fender height, 20x11 +15 and 20x12 +20. Although I do not drive the car every day, i could. I wouldn't take it to a race track at this height, but i could certainly get groceries or whatever routine stuff you're going to do with your car.

If you want TRACK advice, you should read our forum section on that as there are several threads about optimizing performance for racing.

The simplest way to daily a stanced car is air; it's really unbeatable to have maximum adjustability of looks and functionality

Or you can get a good set of coilovers that have proper valving to match the spring rate, and the ride will be barely worse than stock. I'm running 14/10 rates on Aragostas, they're totally liveable. i've driven 80 miles back and forth, in traffic, and its completely fine. Others can give similar experience with good coilovers, such as Fortune, Powertrix. I have no experience with Tein; and if you're set is used, then no one knows what the condition is like.

I would 100% recommend Fortune Auto - built in USA and rebuildable stateside, can be built to your spec, reasonably priced; and you can also slap on their version of a cup kit so you have extra height when needed (this will cost more).

The absolutely needed SPL part is their Front Upper Control Arm, which gives camber and caster adjustability (stock has no adjustment), bulletproof build quality (folks beat on their parts on the track and they hold up), their own adjustment mechanism that lets the alignment tech do it on the car, and also they are located in Texas and offer great product support as needed.

Once you have camber adjustment in front you can basically run any wheel you want - the Z34 chassis has a ton of clearance. At the upper limits you may need to roll your fenders (which is best practice anyways) and adjust tire sizing.

In the rear, there is limited adjustment, but all three arms and the lockout kit are recommended. Visit their website for specifics, or call SPL Parts and the folks there will be happy to help you out.

Sadly, you might have missed their Black Friday sale but there MAY be some sort of Christmas sale. Ask them for pricing (or the vendor of your choice, i used Import Parts Pro which is/was a sponsor here).

A 1-inch drop is nothing, if you have camber adjustment and those specs (19x9.5 +22, 19xx10.5 +15),there should be no clearance issues.

I don't know why you are ******* with spacers while bitching about daily driving. if you want to actually look good, do it right