View Single Post
Old 12-11-2020, 01:08 PM   #10 (permalink)
ZoomZ
Track Member

Drives: 17' 370Z Nismo
ZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nooree01 View Post
So I left work and drove the car spiritually for 20 min no ac the whole time and I came to a stop , I realised my radiator fans are running I was surprised, so I pulled up my obd and water temps are at 180 which is not bad and I turn off the car and when the car is on "on" with engine not running the fans are still running. Really concerned it could f**k up my cooling system.

Any idea what's going on?

Thanks for the help

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Do they shutoff automatically after leaving ignition in "ON" position for a while? If they do, this is normal.

The Thermostat opens at 170F and send fluid to radiator. Closes at 160F and just circulates water.

If you are reading 180F, it's at the coolant temp sensor which is in rear water piping. Not temp in radiator.

Your obviously getting power but if doesn't shutoff, then you could have a stuck FAN control relay (easy to check and/or replace) IT gets signal from IPDM and ECU.

If nothing else is acting up, I would defer the IPDM and ECU until you check cheap easy stuff. ( Relay and coolant temp sensor and fan control module)

ZZ

Last edited by ZoomZ; 12-11-2020 at 01:31 PM.
ZoomZ is offline   Reply With Quote