View Single Post
Old 12-09-2020, 09:41 PM   #31 (permalink)
Ralphatron
Base Member

Drives: '20 mt sport z
Ralphatron is on a distinguished road

Ok guys, the verdict is in....

It was the hotchkis rear sway bar that was causing it.

I removed one of the endlinks to test it and low and behold, that was it. I'm almost tempted to switch out the front sway for something slightly less stiff since now I know the effect it can have on handling over uneven surfaces.

After unlinking the rear sway, I played around with the rear damper settings since I had them on the softest setting originally. I noticed even with the rears on 50% stiffness (15 out of 30 clicks) the darting was still a lot less noticeable and the stiffer damping still helped the rolling as expected, just not as ridiculously as the fat rear bar being connected.

So let this be a lesson for anyone else that falls in the same trap as me. I knew it was not the alignment causing what I was feeling even though im in serious need of one at this point and I'm looking forward to even more improved handling from that. Just need to fine tune the height now since I just put this kit on last weekend and wanted to let springs settle a bit.

Anyway, thanks to everyone who chimed in... too bad Geokots ain't gettin a giftcard!
Ralphatron is offline   Reply With Quote