View Single Post
Old 12-09-2020, 09:02 AM   #52 (permalink)
Spooler
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2013 Nismo 370z
Spooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendan View Post
Made one of the first changes for the 2020 season.

The car drove great on the 16k rear but I ran to an issue with not being able to get as low as I would have liked. I had to run my rear coilovers on the maximum low setting just to get the car to sit slightly lower than stock. This was due to the fact that the stiffer springs did not compress as much at rest as the softer ones I started out with.

The solution? Helper springs. I went with the 3k kit from swift along with a set of 5 inch long main springs in the same rate as the 7 inch springs I had before. The result was the ability to set the car lower while not giving up any travel. In fact I gained about 2 inches of down travel after installing the kit. The additional down travel has the added benefit of making the car much more comfortable on the street since the wheels stay in contact with the ground for a longer period of time.

kit installed

side with kit installed with over 5 inches down travel

side with the old setup with a little over 3 inches

I need to do this on my rear 7in. 10k Swift springs with SPL midlinks. My front springs are longer, 10in. I think. Who did you contact to help you get the right stuff from Swift?
Spooler is offline   Reply With Quote