View Single Post
Old 12-09-2020, 02:26 AM   #14 (permalink)
Shaolin_
Base Member

Drives: 2010 370z
Shaolin_ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niksmo View Post
I had some questions on Lauching a Manual Z using the EcuTek Lauch control. I have a Ecutek tune by Dynosty on my Z and everytime I try launching the vehicle using the Launch control, it always tends to spin the wheels till redline. I'm not sure if I'm doing it right, and hope someone can chime in.

1. Auto Rev Match ON

2. First Gear

3. Hold the clutch and Plant the throttle. Engine RPMs hold at 4k

4. Cruise control down button to set RPM to 2-2.5k

5. Dump the clutch with throttle at 100%

I tried this with Traction control ON, and OFF. With DTC OFF, The tires break lose as soon as I dump the clutch. With DTC ON, it cuts power.

Do I have to reduce and modulate throttle input as soon as I let of of the clutch? I assumed the RPMs will hold at Set RPM until the tires hook up (similar to vehicles which come stock with Launch control), but it just starts spinning all the way to the red line. Had much better launches without using this feature and by feathering the throttle. Am I not doing it right?
When I first tuned my Z with Ecutek, it launched perfectly. Ecutek is programmed to retard timing for a few seconds so you can gain traction, even at full throttle...after my tuner revised some parameters per my request, launch control held its rpm but put full power after the clutch dropped. So much so that my diff subframe bushing popped its cherry.

My tuner denies changing any parameters so I just do it the old fashioned way and preload with the ebrake and modulate the throttle from about 2-5% throttle up instead of 100% down. The only thing is it would defeat the purpose of having that function in the first place

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Last edited by Shaolin_; 12-09-2020 at 02:28 AM.
Shaolin_ is offline   Reply With Quote