View Single Post
Old 12-08-2020, 09:05 AM   #561 (permalink)
gbrettin
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Tricycle
gbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond repute

IG@gbrettin
Prepped for surgery.

Sanded with 150 and applied 2 coats of epoxy primer.

Sprayed a light coat and then put down a heavy coat. Tossed the fenders in the corner for the night to dry(ish). It's 20 degrees here.

---------------------------------------------------

Panel bond was going to be to secure the vent to the fender. The panel bond would have been permanent (nearly impossible to remove) and would also prevent any rust situation on the chipped paint.

After a chat with the fella that made the Finite Element vents, I found out that the vents will only be made in a large batch. I read into that and figured the likely hood of the vents being reproduced were really low.

That information changed my mind on using panel bond. Instead, 3M tape. I keep flipping back and forth about using drilling the fenders and using button head bolts. I'm just not sure. If I do it, I will get some titanium hardware (eventually).

gbrettin is offline   Reply With Quote